Prenatal massage offers mental and physical benefits for the mother. Massage relieves many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as: backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and edema (or swelling).
Massage for pregnant women:
• Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints
• Encourages blood flow to stressed areas providing nutrients
• Improves lymph circulation which detoxifies and removes metabolic waste
• Helps to relax nervous tension – which aids in better sleep and can help relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes
• Manages ordinary aches by releasing serotonin, your body’s natural anti-pain chemical
Postnatal massage restores mummy’s body! During delivery, the blood vessels and muscles in a woman’s body are stressed, causing build-up of lactic acid and knots in muscles. This results in a lot of discomfort and fatigue.
• Lowers blood pressure and improves blood circulation
• Increases oxygen supply
• Aids in eliminating toxins from the muscles and fats
• Reduces muscle tension and eliminates ‘knots’